Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Is There Purpose For Suffering

His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?  Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."  John 9:2 & 3
Well trying to learn to blog or journaling isn't my thing but I will try to keep it up more regularly.  Things with my health seem to have taken a turn and I need a place to speak, share, write my thoughts.  It seems as I have continued on this IV antibiotic repeat in my life things are not improving as quickly or the same as maybe I was hoping.  I have already endured 4 IV antibiotic treatments since April of this year and an Iron Infusion.  Yes low iron has been added to the mix and only complicating things more for my chronic situation, which makes it a bit tougher understanding how to treat me the best to see positive results. 

I am not one to live in the dark and keep denial at the forefront of my mind, so I choose to live in reality of my circumstances.  Doing that brings on a load of emotions that at times are hard to get a handle on.  Lows and highs can happen all in a day.  Sadness knowing that the words coming out of my mouth about the seriousness of my health is actually about me not someone else.  Big reality check for sure.  Knowing where limits are for others like your husband hearing about every ache and pain that come along with the disease.  Learning what to be thankful for so that my focus does not get blurred by my emotions.  Scripture like John 9:2 & 3 which I started this blog out with, help to stay focused on the purpose and not let doubts and anger take over. There have most definitely been tough days, emotional days, tears already shed, but awesome days, thankful days and times just to focus on living every day to the fullest.

John 9 also took me to Romans 8 and I will share my thoughts and verses from that passage in my next blog.  Give someone you love a hug today and find something to be grateful and thankful for even in the midst of struggles.  God bless you!! (:

No comments:

2021 Another Year

  Today is February 9th 2021. A new year with many experiences behind and many new experiences on the continued journey of my life. Well tod...